Thrift Tip


SHOULD I BUY THIS?

As much as I love thrifting and buying items, I've learned to use some discretion when choosing what to buy. It’s not always easy and I’m sure all you avid shoppers out there know what I mean. Nonetheless, I have developed an arsenal of questions I always ask myself before I purchase an item.

What

What am I going to use it for?
Decor, Re-purposing, Gift etc?*

*Knowing the use determines what sort of quality you need


How

How long do I want to keep the item?
How often will I use it?


When

When will I use it?
When will I “fix” and/or re-purpose it?
Is it seasonal?


Why

Why do I need it? Is it one-of-a-kind?
Why is it useful?
Why am I purchase this item second-hand?


Where

Where am I going to place it? How visible will it be?

...

Do you have any questions you ask yourself before you buy a thrift store item?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...